"The Tide has waned!"
The Tide is an event which takes place in the Ocean. The Tide may began once a player uses a Black Pearl if the criteria stated below are met. The Tide scales into Hardmode, introducing new enemies, drops and difficulty up until they defeat all three Mechanical Bosses.
The player must kill 100 tide enemies before the event is completed.
Criteria[edit | edit source]
|Progress bar icon|
The criteria needed to begin the Tide are as follows:
- The player must be located in the Ocean.
- There must be no Tide event already in progress.
Not fulfilling these requirements will notify the player by displaying "The Tide only ebbs by the sea." in the chat.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Before defeating any Mechanical Boss:
After defeating any Mechanical Boss:
After defeating all Mechanical Bosses:
From any enemy:
From Mind Flayers:
From Tide Callers:
From Greenfin Trappers:
From Murky Terrors:
From Kakamoran Windgliders:
From Cnidarian Kakamoras:
From Lavavent Elemental:
From Kakamoran Raiders:
Completing the event[edit | edit source]
The event is completed when the player(s) defeat every Tide enemy which has spawned during the event or if the player exits the game.
100 Tide-specific enemies spawn during the Pre-Hardmode event, all contributing one point to the event. However, in the Hardmode event this will vary depending on the amount of Tide Mini bosses are killed. R'lyheians contribute 3 points each and Lavavent Elementals contribute 4 points.
When the final wave of Tide enemies are on the screen, the status message, "The Tide has waned!" will appear; and Tide enemies will stop spawning. Even after the message is displayed, the event theme will keep playing until the last remaining Tide enemy is dead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dying will not end the invasion or cause any Tide enemies to despawn.
- Tide enemies override the current biome's enemies in the same way as Meteor Heads.
- The invasion will not prevent most other events, so it is possible to fight the Tide and a Boss at the same time. A Blood Moon or a Solar Eclipse may begin during the Tide, but their related enemies only spawn after the Tide has been defeated.
- The Tide will prevent dead NPCs from respawning for their duration.
- If the Tide event begins shortly before summoning the Wall of Flesh or a Mechanical Boss and is not dealt with, it will immediately transfer to its Hardmode or Post-Mechanical Boss version after the boss is defeated.
- If the player leaves the Ocean biome, the music will switch to normal, however the progress bar will strangely remain and enemies will still spawn if the player is close to the Ocean.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed an issue causing the Tide to cap at 80%
- 1.3: Completely recoded the Tide.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed an issue where the Tide would crash worlds when the player exited during the event.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where the Tide would never end in multiplayer.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced the Tide Stone.
- 1.2: Introduced Depth Shards.
- 1.1.3: Introduced the Depth Trencher, Shell Bane, Kakamoran Tamer, Cnidarian Kakamora, Kakamoran Windglider, Kakamoran Raider and Lavavent Elemental.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced new music and buffed multiple items that are dropped by Tide enemies.
- 1.1.2: Introduced the R'lyheian and Black Pearl Shards.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Blood Moon • Blue Moon • Sandstorm • Solar Eclipse|
|Summonable Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • Pirate Invasion • Solar Eclipse • The Tide|