|Type||Boss – Burrowing Enemy|
|AI Type||Starplate Voyager AI|
|Max Life||10000 / 12000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Segments[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Starplate Voyager is a worm boss that floats above the player and occasionally digs itself into the ground to attack the player from below. The Voyager's head can easily be tracked, as it glows, therefore allowing the player to dodge it. It occasionally fires projectiles to damage the player.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Starplate Voyager flies above the player, launching 2 bouncing blue beams in their direction.
- The Starplate Voyager's head pulses yellow, and the boss attempts to ram into the player for 3 seconds.
- Segments of the Starplate Voyager's body fire slow Astral Stars at the player in a wide cluster.
- Only certain segments of the Starplate Voyager's body can be damaged. These segments glow and emit a blue pulse, and change at random.
- At 6500 life, the Voyager's tail explodes and transforms into a Starfarer. This Starfarer cannot be destroyed and does not deal contact damage. It shoots yellow beams in the direction of the player.
- When below 5000 HP, the Voyager summons 2 laser launchers around the player. Laser Launchers charge up and fire bright blue lasers at the player before transforming into Laser Bombers. Laser Bombers are short-lived drones that attempt to ram into the player and explode.
Phase II The Starplate Voyager enters its second phase at 20% life. All of its body segments explode into stationary, lingering stars. The boss's attack patterns change drastically.
- The Starplate Voyager teleports around the player multiple times, summoning 5 Laser Launchers around the player.
- The Starplate Voyager moves left to right in a horizontal line, summoning multiple short-lived Starfarers that rain down yellow lasers.
- The Starplate Voyager teleports rapidly around the player, firing blue bolts from its mouth. It summons a Laser Bomber every time it teleports.
In Expert Mode
- When below 1200 HP, the Voyager creates a visual effect that causes the screen to distort randomly. This effect increases in intensity as the Voyager loses life.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Image||Name||Health||Health (in Expert Mode)||Condition|
|Starfarer||When reaching 6500 life.|
|Laser Launcher||When reaching 5000 life.|
|Laser Bomber||5||5||From Laser Launchers.|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Once defeated, the Voyager will begin a unique death animation in which it shakes rapidly and before exploding.
- The Clothier will begin selling the Commando set.
- Once defeated, Astralite Shards may be mined within the Asteroid Field.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Starplate Voyager, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Starplate Voyager strategies.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Now has piercing immunity.
- Now enters its second phase at 20% life.
- Increased life from 8300 / 9960 to 10000 / 12000.
- Boss encounter reworked with new visuals, a resprite, and an updated AI
- Renamed from "Starplate Raider" to "Starplate Voyager".
- Increased life from 6700 / 8040 to 8300 / 9960.
- 1.1.2: Introduced.