- For strategies on defeating Scarabeus, see Guide:Scarabeus strategies.
Scarabeus is a Pre-Hardmode boss and the first boss of the Spirit Mod. It is intended to be fought before King Slime.
Scarabeus does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with the Scarab Idol. It can be fought anywhere, at any time.
Scarabeus will run after the player, float into the sky, and attempt to fall on the player. It summons Scarabs to attack the player, and fires a few projectiles in Expert Mode.
- Scarabeus will regularly jump in the air and fall back down onto the player's approximate location.
- Every 4 seconds, Scarabeus will summon a Scarab to attack the player.
In Expert Mode
- Scarabeus' movement speed is increased.
- Scarabeus leaves stationary Gilded Dust balls behind as it moves, which explodes into a slow, moving ball of Gold Dust after 2 seconds. Gold Dust chases the player until it dissipates after 10 seconds.
|| Every 4 seconds
- Similar to Atlas, Scarabeus is known for being notoriously buggy, especially in multiplayer, and the issues are currently being resolved in the next few updates.