The Reach is a mini-biome that generates on world creation. It is a small biome similar to the Forest, with trees and grass color, though it can be distinguished by its erratic design, Skulls on a Stick, above and underground Reach Chests and Campfires, and strange small underground caves, and its own music. The Reach contains its own plethora of mobs, the Reachman, Reach Observer, Reach Shaman, Droseran Trapper, Gremlin, Grove Caster, Mycoid, and Bramble Burrower.
The Reach does not spread into any biome, and cannot be overrun by another spreading biome.
Contents[edit | edit source]
From Reach Observers:
From Reach Shamen:
|From Droseran Trappers:
From Grove Casters:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Reach has its own boss, the Vinewrath Bane.
- The Reach is the smallest surface biome in the game, though its size can usually be compared to that of some Granite Caves.
- The Reach is the only surface biome in the game that is not affected by any other biome, meaning that it stops the spread of/cannot spread into any biomes.
- It has an extremely erratic design, with single-block holes appearing plentifully on the Strange Flora surface.
- Reach Grass (also known as Strange Flora) glows at night.
- The concept and name of the Reach might be inspired by the setting of the Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.1.1: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Desert • Floating Island • Ocean • Snow • Spirit Biome • Surface • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow|
|Underground Layers||Cavern • Underground Desert • Underground Hallow • Underground Jungle • Underground Snow • Underground Spirit • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Bee Hive • Dungeon • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Meteorite • Mushroom Biome • Spider Nest|