|AI Type||Overseer AI|
|Damage||Melee - 96 / 192
Spirit Shard - 125 / 250 Captive Spirit - 96 / 192 Core Shard - 220 / 440Spirit Portal - 340 / 680
|Max Life||179000 / 358000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (16-27 / 30-53)100%
The Overseer is a post-Moon Lord boss, and the final boss of the Spirit Mod. It is intended to be fought after the Moon Lord. The Overseer is undoubtedly the hardest boss of the game, and can pose a serious challenge to most players.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Overseer does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon them with the Spirit Idol. They must be summoned in the Spirit Biome, at nighttime. When summoned, the background will immediately turn black, and all tiles will darken. After the boss is summoned, the player can fight him anywhere.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Overseer charges at the player very fast, and fires many different types of projectiles. It will summon very large Spirit Portals, which the Overseer can teleport into every few seconds. These portals are placed in close proximity to the player and itself.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Overseer charges after the player a multitude of times, firing spreads of Core Shards, which are gray, fast, and simply float in the trajectory that they're flung in until they despawn, and singular Haunted Wisps, which are pretty slow and home in on the player until it despawns.
- After the previous pattern, it creates Spirit Portals as it moves (in close proximity to the player and itself), and randomly teleports into them, while moving after the player and flinging large spreads of Spirit Shards at the player, which are fast and lunges at the player often.
Phase II[edit | edit source]
- At 50% health, the Overseer leaves a message in the chat saying, "BEHOLD MY TRUE POWER". The fight is essentially the same as it was before, except now, a couple of Spirit Portals will occasionally spawn around you and spin around. The Overseer cannot teleport inside of these, but Captive Spirits are summoned out of them. They are quick, will randomly drop out of the Spirit Portals, home in on the player, and have high defense, so watch out!
- At this point any boss summon should be easily defeated.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Image||Name||Health||Health (in Expert Mode)||Damage||Damage (in Expert Mode)||Defense||Condition|
|Captive Spirit||900||1,800||120||240||74||In Phase II|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The S.D.M.G. with Crystal Bullets and Vortex Armor can be useful during this fight.
- The Rod of Discord can be used to escape very dangerous situations, especially on Expert Mode, where you might need to use it multiple times to avoid critical damage.
- Having other mods such as Loot Bags or Calamity make this fight very easy.