"You force me to draw power from the Shadows!"
The Ethereal Umbra was a Hardmode boss. It was intended to be fought alongside or after the Mechanical Bosses.
The Ethereal Umbra does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with the Eerie Wisp. It must be summoned in the Spirit Biome at night. In recent versions, the boss cannot be spawned as it was removed from the game.
The Ethereal Umbra floats in the air, following the player while bobbing up and down in the air. It fires many types of projectiles throughout the fight. To move on in the fight, you must kill its Shadow Guardians that prevent the Umbra from being damaged. Up until Phase III, it is impervious to all damage.
- The Umbra floats, and fires Soul Curves out of itself to try to damage the player.
- On spawn, it summons 4 blue Shadow Guardians that spin around the Umbra. These must be killed to progress in the fight.
- Every few seconds, it will make it rain Spirit Arrows from the sky for a short time.
- The Umbra says "You force me to draw power from the Shadows!" in the chat, and begins to move faster.
- It summons 2 more Shadow Guardians, except these Guardians are purple, and have more health. These also must be defeated in order to progress.
- Along with the Shadow Guardians, it summons a much weaker clone of itself called the Ethereal Mirage. It does not fire projectiles, and is not required to be defeated to progress.
- It now fires spreads of Dark Pulses that start out fast, then quickly get slower, and dissipate when they stop moving; and Shadow Pulses, which are laser-like.
- The Umbra says "I will finish you..." in the chat, and moves much faster, and bobs in the air faster. It is now damageable.
- The Umbra stops firing Dark Pulses.
||Health (in Expert Mode)
||In Phase II
Before the boss was removed, Ethereal Umbra was the track that played during the fight with the Ethereal Umbra. It was composed by LordCakeSpy.
- 22.214.171.124: Removed from the game, along with its contents.
- 1.3: Introduced.