The Briar is a biome that generates on world creation. It is a fairly large biome similar to the Forest, with greenish trees and grass color, Skulls on a Stick, above and underground, a large Living Tree-like structure, Briar Chests, a fairly large system of caves beneath the surface containing Briar Huts and a small cave where the boss of the biome can be summoned. When exploring the biome, it will start raining constantly throughout the surface of the biome and will only stop if they have defeated Vinewrath Bane for the first time and a message will appear in the chat as "The torrential downpour in the Briar has lifted!". Water in the biome inflicts Poisoned.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|From some Briar enemies:
From some Briar enemies during the night:
From Feral Hunters:
From Thorn Stalkers:
|From Droseran Trappers, Feral Hunters, and Wildwood Watchers:
From Glade Wraith:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Briar has its own boss, the Vinewrath Bane.
- The Briar is the only surface biome in the game that is not affected by any other biome, meaning that it stops the spread of or cannot spread into any biomes.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Added new Briar Nightime track.
- Added new Briar Daytime track.
- Renamed from "Reach" to "Briar".
- Overhauled biome generation.
- Glade Wraith now spawns in this biome.
- 1.1.1: Introduced.
|Surface Layers||Briar • Spirit • Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Space • Corruption • Crimson • Hallow • Jungle|
|Underground Layers||Spirit Underground • Cavern • Underground Desert • Underground Hallow • Underground Snow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Dungeon • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Glowing Mushroom|