I wonder what enchantments have been placed on the moon- It's all blue!
"The Mystic Moon is rising..."
A Mystic Moon is a fairly common randomly occurring event in Hardmode that takes place over the course of an entire night (7:30 p.m-4:30 a.m.) It causes several hazards for its duration such as multiple new dangerous enemies. Mystic Moons are signaled by the message "The Mystic Moon is rising..." in the lower left corner of the screen, and the moon, sky, water, and rain will appear blue for the duration of the event. A blue filter will also be present in all above-ground areas.
Content[edit | edit source]
|From All Mystic Moon Enemies:
From Mad Hatters:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to a Solar Eclipse, you can take refuge from the Mystic Moon by hiding underground for safety.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, the Moon appears blue by smoke or dust particles in the atmosphere. This has happened during the forest fires in Sweden and Canada in 1950 and 1951.
- A Blue moon in real life is the second Full moon in a single month.
- Multiple enemies in the event are references to the “Alice in Wonderland” series.
History[edit | edit source]
- Added new Mystic Moon music track.
- Renamed from "Blue Moon" to "Mystic Moon".
- Removed Jabberwocky, Wererabbit, and The Omniscient.
- Reworks for some enemies.
- Fixed an issue that the event was lasting infinitely while underground.
- 126.96.36.199: Blue Moons no longer rise with Blood Moons and can't spawn when a Mech boss approaches.
- 1.3.1.01: Added The Omniscient.
- 1.3.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Blood Moon • Blue Moon • Sandstorm • Solar Eclipse|
|Summonable Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • Pirate Invasion • Solar Eclipse • The Tide|