I wonder what enchantements have been placed on the moon- It's all blue!
"The Blue Moon is rising..."
- Not to be confused with the Blue Moon, a flail from vanilla Terraria.
A Blue Moon is a fairly common randomly occurring event in Hardmode that takes place over the course of an entire night (7:30 p.m-4:30 a.m.) It causes several hazards for its duration such as multiple new dangerous enemies. Blue Moons are signaled by the message "The Blue Moon is rising..." in the lower left corner of the screen, and the moon, sky, water, and rain will appear blue for the duration of the event. A blue filter will also be present in all above-ground areas.
Content[edit | edit source]
|Lunar Slimes, Wererabbits and Jabberwockies:
From The Omniscient:
From Glow Toads:
From Mad Hatters:
From Lunar Slimes:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike a Solar Eclipse, you cannot take refuge from the Blue Moon by hiding underground. The best option is to take to the skies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, the Moon appears blue by smoke or dust particles in the atmosphere. This has happened during the forest fires in Sweden and Canada in 1950 and 1951.
- A Blue moon in real life is the second Full moon in a single month.
- Multiple enemies in the event are references to the “Alice in Wonderland” series.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Blue Moons no longer rise with Blood Moons and can't spawn when a Mech boss approaches.
- 1.3.1.01: Added The Omniscient.
- 1.3.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Blood Moon • Blue Moon • Sandstorm • Solar Eclipse|
|Summonable Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • Pirate Invasion • Solar Eclipse • The Tide|